Tuesday, March 06, 2007

OIT Help Desk Loses it's Voice


That's right it's official. March 23rd will be the last day for the so-called "Voice of the Help Desk" here at Notre Dame. I'll be moving on to bigger and better things. Of all the places I have ever worked, this was by far my favorite. These were the first people that I've ever wanted to spend time with AFTER work; the first group of people I looked forward to seeing every day; and the first coworkers I really actually cared about. I'm also leaving the best manager I've ever had. She's fair, and a good leader. She sticks up for the people who work under her, and tries to improve us as well. I will sorely miss working at Notre Dame.

Starting March 26th I'll be working at GCC as part of their IT team. I'll be supporting approximately 80 users and about 200 computers. My main responsibilities will be Help Desk related but my job will eventually be very project heavy, which I love. Everyone I've talked to at GCC is excited that I'm coming, and they all say it's a great place to work. I'll be joining a team unlike anything I've ever been a part of.

I'm a little conflicted emotionally right now. I'll be leaving behind a great group of people and friends, but I'll be joining something amazing. I'll have the chance to help move a church that is already reaching people in our area to bigger and greater things.

The days are getting longer, and I'm getting more and more excited.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Kyle!! That is exciting news. I hope you and Jeanette are doing well and we will see you sometime, soonish.

amberWIRE said...

Hi Kyle...I don't think we've ever officially met, but I am Amber Cox (formerly Amber Beeson) and I just wanted to let you know that I am excited that you'll be joining the team at Granger. You Rock. I think you're very talented and you are funny to boot.
So that's what I wanted to say to you today.