Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Confirmation again and again

-Kyle

Last night I saw for certain that I've found the right woman for me.

I'm studying to get my Microsoft Certification, and to be honest it's been hard going. I keep failing the practice tests and it's getting pretty discouraging. Jeanette and I have talked about it and she offered to help me any way she can.

This past weekend we sat down for an hour or so and went over the book together and she helped me pick up some things that I had missed while studying on my own which was great and EXTREMELY helpful

But last night...
Last night after work she met me at my apartment. We watched cartoons (Invader Zim!)for a little while and ate pizza for dinner. Then we started studying. We did a 45 question test on the computer together, her reading the questions and the possible answers and then I'd try to figure out the right answer. A little background on these questions. These aren't just basic Multiple Guess questions, they're scenarios. You're in this situation, you want to do this this and this, which of these choices best accomplishes these? Jeanette was with me and enthusiastic through the whole thing. Words like SCSI, UDF file, REGEDIT, Dynamic Striped Volume... she stuck with it through the whole thing. I wanted to give up before she did.
A subject she knows little about, a language she doesn't really speak, a job that would drive her insane... she never once complained, she never said it was boring or called me a nerd, she never gave up.
We'll be back doing it again tonight after work.

THAT is love.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that IS love. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yes. That is love. Awesome you were watching Zim! I have it on DVD :-) I guess I'm the nerd

Anonymous said...

Kyle....hey, long time no talk. Glad everything seems to be going great. A girl who enjoys your taste in tv shows is a real keeper. :) God bless.

Anonymous said...

wow...
it's pretty awesome that you left xanga. i mean, it opened up whole new worlds wherein non-xanga users can comment on your posts.
you definitely get more comments, too. AWESOME.
maybe i should leave xanga, too!

i concur w/ all those folk who congratulate you on finding a woman who will endure being exposed to the radioactive evil fall-out waste produced by bill gates' presence on this planet.

when you guys get the dreaded windows melanoma...at least you'll have it together.

rosco said...

Congrats. She is definitely a keeper. MCSE is no walk in the park at all. Sounds like Love in all it's glory.

erl said...

that is so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

wow. if every time you see, hear, read, or think something you blog it, then what are you? in a coma?

glad you're happy kyle, jeanette definitely seems like a keeper :-)