Sunday, September 10, 2006

Chicken Rub

I am known for a lot of things, but one thing that most people don't know about me is that I LOVE to grill. Today at lunch I branced out for the first time into rubs. A rub is either a paste or just a mixture of spices that you (believe it or not) "rub" into the meat. Allow me to share with you the great recipe that I used today.

Herb Rub

combine 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 2 teaspoons dried minced onion, 2 teaspoons FRESH minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Enough for 5 lbs. of meat Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook

Rub that a couple chicken breasts, then grill them on medium heat, about 10min on the first side and 5 on the other side. When the juice runs white, take them off the grill and serve them with buttered corn on the cob and lemonade.

D.E.A. Licious.

Took a little while to get the rub all mixed together, but MAN was it worth it! That was the best smelling food I've ever taken off my grill!

No comments: