Tuesday, September 13, 2005

God seems slower than i want Him to be


Ok, so I lost the job at ND a while back, we all know that. Since before that ended i've been searching for a new job, with ups and downs along the way. This job looks great, he definitely wants to hire me... a month later he wont return my calls or emails and im told by their hiring manager that they've decided to take some other canidates to the next round of interviews. One place hasn't contacted me in almost 2 months now and i've pretty well given up hope on them. The part time job i'm in now will eventually go full time... when that happens and if i'm the one she decides to hire... who knows? I've applied online, i've sent resumes, i've talked to friends, i've networked, i'm doing everything i know to do... and so far, i seem to have squat.

I have a severance package that will suppliment my part time job until the end of this month, and then i'm in trouble. I have about 16 days of full time work left and then... i don't know what's going to happen.

Ok, so what God's done for me: Let me stay at my old job 2 whole months after they made the decision, got me part time work there at the University with people i really enjoy, got me a severance package that gives me my benefits and full time pay until the end of september.
So ya, He's definitely taking care of me, i don't doubt/deny or question that. I'm just afraid of what's going to happen october 1st. He's never let me down yet... and i dont think he will. I have no problem trusting God, it's all these idiots He put me here with that i'm concerned about.
I don't know if my feeling that I should be doing more comes from my parents pushing me constantly to go door to door with my resume, or if i'm really supposed to be doing something else here.
"Hope Deferred is a rotting in the bones" and let me just say, i can feel it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Spam comments on blogger? What a shame, especially on this post.

I'm praying for you, Friend. I'm certain you will be taken care of without much of a lapse in between jobs.

Anonymous said...

well, christina basically said everything that i would've said. for the LOVE. what's the world coming to.

i will keep prayin'

He's faithful.

Anonymous said...

i've got rotten bones too.