Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Light and Breezy

Well after the problems I had with that last post (I had made it in flock) I've decided to try something a little different. I'm trying a tool called w.bloggar. It's pretty sweet so far, so enough about it. How bout I get on with what I'm gonna write...



Every morning when I drive to work, I pass these kids waiting for the bus in my apartment complex, and every morning I see the same guy standing there. He looks like Carl from Family Matters, and every morning he smiles at me as I drive by. I really like this guy even though I've never talked to him, because every morning he stands at a bus stop with his 6 year old daughter and holds her giant pink backpack for her while she plays with the other kids. I don't know the guy, but he's one of two fathers who stand and wait for the bus with their kids. I don't know anything else about his parenting, but that's something I want to be able to do with my daughter when she gets to that age.

Congrats to you Carl, you win the father of the morning award. Thanks for setting a good example.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh so admirable! I dont think my father ever waited with me even on my first day of school. Such is life.

When I drove to Coachcraft every day I saw a dad on 331 who waited with his kids. On some mornings mom was outside in her bathrobe and sweatpants. It was endearing.

I kind of miss that part of my commute, but I'm glad not to be behind the busses anymore!