Thursday, July 28, 2005

Constant Upheaval


A few weeks ago I would have told you my life was nearly perfect, I was looking to get a new job doing the thing I’ve always wanted to do, I was about to talk to the father of the girl I’m in love with, the sky was blue, the birds were chirping… all was well with the world.

Oddly, this scared me. I mean, if everything had gone as well as it looked like it was going to, life would have been perfect… and that’s NEVER been the case for me.

Luckily, something fell through. The job I’ve always wanted fell through, leaving me soon to be unemployed. Right now it’s just a count down until my last day here (Aug 31) and let me tell you it’s hard to stay dedicated when there’s nothing keeping you here. I’m doing it, mind you, but I constantly have to check my attitude.

So I’m job hunting again, I have a few good leads and granted the ND Human Resources Dept IS helping me all they can. I spoke with a lady on Monday, and she’s going to push me to businesses outside of ND that they have good relationships with. I’m pretty stressed about the whole thing of course as this couldn’t have come at a worse time (attempting to save up for a ring).

So, as strange as this sounds, I sort of feel more comfortable this way. That’s probably a lie, I really do hate all this stress, but if things all of a sudden became perfect I’m not sure what I’d do. Maybe I’m not comfortable; maybe the correct word is familiar.

On the super bright side though, her dad gave me the thumbs up to marry his daughter. I feel ridiculously honored and humbled. It’s strange to have a great family on my side and one on her side as well. This is what people always told me to wait for. “She’s out there. Just wait for her. You’ll find her. The perfect girl.”

Believe me, I’ve found her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we stand in similar boats. You get ulcers. I get acid reflux. Keep your head up. Something will work out.

Anonymous said...

i've been praying for you when i think of it, kyle...which is more often than once, since i heard.
keep me posted, homes.