Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Lightning Rod

Well before I get into my weekend, let me tell you about my job.

To quote a post 8 months ago “It is finished.”

That’s right kids, Kyle lost his job again. Feel free to start calling me “Lightning rod” as I tend to attract these sort of things.

 

So God is freakin awesome, and I don’t deserve to be called his son. Here’s why:

So big boss calls me and gives me the news. I get pissed. Really pissed, (for the sake of time I wont explain, but I had good reason to be) walk out to my jeep and call and talk to my mom and dad (always a good idea) and they calm me down some. I then had to go to a luncheon for our department. That was uncomfortable. I didn’t talk at all. If you know me that’s rare. My big big big boss at the end of the luncheon gave us the afternoon off and as I was walking out, my boss stops me in the parking lot. She apologizes over and over about how sorry she was that it happened like this, she feels terrible, knows I’ll do fine and will get another job and offers to let me have Friday off. I take it. I get in the jeep and sit there for a minute. Crap. I can’t be mad at her now. She said sorry. But I could still be mad at my big boss, so fine. I just needed to be mad, and that’s ok. So I head back to the office to finish up some stuff. My boss is there. We start talking again, and she mentions that she talked to a lady in HR on her way in and that she’s going to do everything in her power to get me a job here so that I don’t end up unemployed. She has since followed through on that and is going above and beyond what she needs to do to help me out.

 

Now here’s the thing. This all happened within a 3 hour span of time. I’m in shock and awe and anger and various other emotions and then I can’t be mad like I want to be, and then I can’t even worry like I wanted to because I have someone helping me.

 

I read this morning in Purpose Driven Life (Day 18) that we are to forgive right away. Forgiveness isn’t trust, forgiveness is letting go of the past, trust is about future events and it takes a track record to build. So I have to forgive my big boss. So I did that. And im cool now.

 

Moral of my story: When something bad happens, keep your eyes open right away because God can bless you faster than you think. I wanted a good day to mope and be angry, He came through in under 3 hours. God cares more than you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome how things like that happen ... and happen a lot. You're always being taken care of and that's a comforting feeling.

Anonymous said...

maybe slightly more coherenter.

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted on our awesome God and your near future. Thanks for the candid post - as always, candid.

Unknown said...

I like how God has a way of showing us He's in control.