Thursday, July 07, 2005

King of Woo


My girl is home.

Wow. It’s funny how much you can miss someone. I mean, sure she’s just “a girl” but… she’s more than that. We’ve spent pretty much every evening together for the past 4 months, and being without that for 2 weeks is like someone coming in and taking the toilet out of your bathroom and saying “hey Bub, I’ll bring this back in a few weeks.” Sure you can get by without it, but do you want to?

Yes. I just realized I compared my girlfriend to a toilet.

I welcomed her home properly; she came over to my place filled with candles and soft music playing in the background. After saying our hellos, I gave her a foot massage as she told me about her drive home. It was so good to see her and just be near her again.

I am the King of Woo.
Woo: Population 2.


There’s a problem with this though.
I’m sitting a really high standard. I mean, if I do stuff like this “Just Because” how do I handle the big things? Can I keep this up for the next 80yrs+? I think I can pull it off at least for another 20 or so before I start to lose my creativity, but… whatever. Right now is good. That’s all that matters.

On a sadder note because of the terrorist attacks that happened this morning her dad wont be able to take his trip to Oxford to present his speech on “The elements of law and religion in Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The Scarlet Letter and Jack London’s Martin Eden.” He’s of course sympathetic to those in England, but this was a big opportunity for him. He was invited about a month or so ago and it was a great honor, now things are postponed indefinitely.

Pray first for the families of those hurt and killed in the attacks, then pray for him; this would be a tough one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We will definately keep London in our prayers today.

Anonymous said...

have been praying for london, glad your girl is home and your toilet firmly in place. enjoy both.

Anonymous said...

the "just because" times are what makes the relationship, not the big fancy galas.

if you can keep up the "just becauses", that will be your foundation, and the fancy galas will serve as trimmings above it.