Saturday, July 09, 2005

Ole' Kentucky Home

Ok so as promised, here are the pictures from Kentucky.
This is me driving my jeep down the creek. It was really cool, the creek actually crossed the road, in 2 places. note: i didn't say the road crossed the creek, i said the creek crossed the road. Nate and I turned down it and drove up a ways in both directions. This was a pretty shallow part, but still really cool.






These were some of the horses that my cousins own. They had a lot of em. I was really hopin to get to ride one, but the one guy was gone and the other had messed up his back pretty good, but he promised to let me ride next time I come down. These were the mommy and the baby horses. There were probably 6 or 7 pairs in this field.







These were the stallions. Evidently they're pretty virile, as they have like 6 or 7 kids between
the two of 'em. As you can see in the picture, the one on the right is giving the other one a firm pat on the back. Or, he's trying to kick him in the face. Either way they were really cool.









And here's Nate. He's looking as sexy as ever posed on top of a waterfall. You can't really see the
waterfall from this picture, but trust me; it's like a hundred feet tall. This was taken down in the "Holler" where Nate and i spent the night in a cabin my cousin built with a chain saw. WAY cool. The place was seriously neat, they had 3 beds, a fridge, an old wood stove and a disgusting outhouse!! it was just like home! .... ok well i really only have one bed at home, but it's pretty close.



Ok, so i lied it's not really a hundred feet tall, but it's a really cool waterfall. The water level was
down because they hadn't had much rain, but there was still enough water for me to wash my hair in (wash: rinse grease and smoke out from the night before).

Kentucky is a BEAUTIFUL state, if it werent for the complete lack of civilization, i would totally move there. The people there are so much nicer than northerners, land is cheap and brimming with oil (my cousin is an oil rancher in KY) and i could have a dog named Opie if i lived there. I think that's pretty sweet.


Ok, so this one requires some explaining. Nate and I were driving home from Kentucky and since my stereo got stolen, we had to listen to a CD player and ear phones. That song by Michael Jackson was on, the one about butterflies or somethin, and this is the picture Nate took of my interpretive dance. This is the international symbol for "Butterfly".


How DO the ladies control themselves?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Looks like a great trip, but wow. That butterfly thing has me stunned and speechless.

Anonymous said...

It truly truly does look like a GREAT trip. I agree with frisina that finishing it off with the butterfly picture somehow had a way of making the other pictures disappear.

rosco said...

Awesome pics man! Looks like a lot of fun

Anonymous said...

ooh ooh ooh ooh i saw him i saw him I SAW him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *faints dead away*

i think monica said it exactly the way i would have wanted to, if i'd said it first. (didja catch all that?)

your rendition of that universal sign is magnificent. bravissimo.